My Second Bookday & Booktour
Dearly Beloved You People:
Bookdays are to authors what birthdays are to everyone. The analogy is a pretty good one: each is an excuse to party, each may cause joy or anxiety, and we attach a great significance to each even though little to nothing of importance actually happens on the given day. That said, today is my second book day, and it has so far been wonderful! My heartfelt thanks to out to everyone of the Dearly Beloved You People who have wished me well on this blog, Facebook, & Twitter. So, how about a few things to celebrate?
2) Some new free fiction: I’ve got one or two stories in the trunk that I think are weird enough that I probably can’t sell them anywhere and think it might be fun to throw one or two up on this blog to celebrate the launch. Check back tomorrow.
3) Booktour details: I implore you to come to any one of these wonderful indies. Also, I’ve been practicing my authorial new-book-schtick, and I hate to brag (not really) but I’m serve up a pretty damn good new-book-schtick.
In other news, the upcoming Spellbound book tour has grown larger. I’m very pleased to announce that I’ll now be traveling to Houston and Dallas in addition to the previous destinations. Here’s the line up so far.
- September 16th, 7pm Launch party at Kepler’s Books (store page, FB event) Menlo Park, CA
- Come to the BBC afterward for a drink and to chat.
- September 20th, Powell’s Books Beaverton (store page, FB event) with Kate Elliott!, OR
- Come to McMenamins just across the way at 5pm for drinks and conversation.
- September 21st, U of W Bookstore (store page, FB event) , Seattle, WA Friday,
- The Signed Page, Seattle, WA
- September 23rd, Mysterious Galaxy (store page, FB event), San Diego, CA
- September 24th, Murder by the Book (store page, FB event), Houston, TX
- September 26th, A Real Bookstore (store page, FB event), Fairview, TX