- Verghese A, Charlton B, Ozdalga E, Kugler J, Chi J, The Stanford Medicine 25 Website 2012 June 27.
- Charlton B, Inspiring Stories: Overcoming Illness or Injury, MSAR Online, The Association of American Medical Colleges, 2011 April 7.
- Verghese A, Charlton B, Cotter B, Kugler J, A History of Physical Examination Texts and the Conception of Bedside Diagnosis, Transactions of the ACCA, 2010; 122: 290–311.
- Charlton B, Verghese A. Caring for Ivan Ilyich. J Gen Intern Med. 2009 Dec 17.
Lectures, Presentations, and Workshops
- Special Presenter, American Library Association, National Conference, Anaheim, California, June 22-24th, 2012.
- Guest Speaker, Texas Library Association Annual Convention, Houston, Texas, April 17-19th, 2012.
- “Making Your Own Success: Defining Yourself as a Learning Disabled Person,” General Assembly, Charles Armstrong School, Belmont, California, October 4th, 2011.
- Charlton B, Kugler J, Chi J, Verghese A. “Workshop on the STANFORD25: A Program to Enhance Housestaff Bedside Skills.” WGEA/WGSA/WOSR/WAAHP AAMC Western Regional Conference, May 3rd, 2011.
- “Write What You Fear: Mixing Medicine and Fiction,” American Medical Student Association, Web-based seminar, December 12th, 2010.
- “Technique Matters: A Pedagogical Method of Revitalizing the Physical Exam,” ACP Northern California Chapter Scientific Meeting, San Francisco, CA, November 19th, 2010.
- “Write What You Fear: Mixing Medicine and Fiction,” California Writer’s Club, SF Peninsula Branch, Belmont, CA, August 21st, 2010.
- “Caring for Ivan Illych: An Introduction to Medical Humanities,” Development of the Short Story: Continuity & Innovation, Stanford University Department of English, April 26th, 2010.
- “Endosymbiont & the Philosophy of the Mind,” Science Fiction and Philosophy, University of San Francisco Department of Philosophy, April 19th, 2010.
- “How to become a Med-Student Novelist without going (completely) Insane,” Medicine and the Muse, Stanford Medical School, Stanford, California, April 8th, 2010.
- “Defining Yourself as a Learning Disabled Person,” General Assembly, Northpoint School & Intensive Outpatient Program, Los Angeles, California, March 12th, 2010.